Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Words are Forever. Literally.

It's been an interesting day, to say the least. I refuse to get into that, but a lesson remains: in the digital world we live in, nothing can EVER be taken back.

We recently forced this idea down our 7th grader's throat when he was being irresponsible with his texting and social media. The issue was brought to our attention, and we immediately obtained his phone. It had been cleared of any damaging evidence. Shocker. AR missed one key element - the evidence was alive and well on the other kid's phone. Come on, son!

Thankfully, his situation was more "boys being boys."  (Let's not even get into the verbal exchanges that included language, and animals, I still can't believe came out of my sweet, baby boy's mouth.) But the old adage "think before you speak" has never meant more than it does now in our technology-driven world. Think before you speak, post, text, Tweet, and the list goes on and on. Words matter.

I know what you're all thinking. "Maybe she should take her own advice." Hello and hallelujer! I agree. And I vow to do just that.

Side note: writing for only 10 minutes is really, really hard. So much more I want to say. So much more editing to do. Must stick to the rules.

See the Good, Be the Good,

Kelly
Image result for heart image













No comments:

Post a Comment