Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Purpose and Voice. Find Them.


Image result for find your purpose

I'm not in the mood to write (if you were at the volleyball game, you probably know why), but I'm doing it anyway. I'm also not going over my ten minutes. I took a sleeping pill (if you were at the volleyball game, you probably know why), and my hope is to be knocked out within the half hour. This could get interesting.

I've missed days in my #write31days challenge, and the urge to write gets stronger each day I neglect my task. I now have at least ten topics I'd love to write about, including my Women of Coaching series, but I'm so overwhelmed with ideas that it messes with me. I remember this feeling. And I know if I continue to avoid writing, the urges will continue. Or I'll find ways to dull the urges, and eventually give up. So, I'm not done.

Image result for whatever you are be a good one

It's extra important I write tonight. When we lose a volleyball match, it weighs heavily on me. When my children are being idiots, also something we've dealt with tonight, it weighs me down. When my Monday was a true Monday, and it somehow carried into Tuesday, my mind is heavy. When I'm putting on the pounds, I'm literally weighted down, and this one especially sucks.

Writing is my release.

I'm not great, but one of the best compliments I've received was from one of my volleyball players. She confided she enjoys reading my blogs because she can hear me in the words. Isn't that what all writer's want? Our voice coming through in a specific set of words. Anyone could have written those words, but she heard ME. We all want to be heard, and for some of us, written words are the avenue best suited.

Image result for find your voice

A huge thanks to all of you who are continuously supporting and encouraging my writing. You make my days brighter.

By the way, I may or may not have gone over my minutes, but who's counting anyway?

See the Good, Be the Good

Image result for sun images

No comments:

Post a Comment