Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Making Memories




Image result for fairfield texas

Windows down, music blaring, the cool air prickling my skin, and I'm suddenly thrust back in time to the drag in Fairfield, Texas, on an October Saturday night. As we take a left and hit the back roads, the Fall smells engulf my senses. Burning leaves waft through the open sunroof, and I'm instantly a giddy teenager all over again. I know every word to every song screaming through the speakers, and as my sidekick and I belt out the catchy tune, I'm reminiscent of that cute guy waving in the white Dodge. We see a cop, and I quickly turn down the radio in order to avoid detection. We laugh. We sing. We are.

The funny thing is I'm experiencing this moment now with my 9-year-old, and as much as I treasure the wonderful memories of growing up in Fairfield, my appreciation of being in this moment almost becomes too much. Our eyes meet, and Addison says to me, "You're a lot of fun, Mom!" Just making memories, baby girl. Making wonderful memories.


See the Good, Be the Good,

Kelly   
Image result for heart images

No comments:

Post a Comment