Thursday, July 16, 2015

Failure is Reality


So, yesterday was a complete disaster. Worst day on this journey thus far.

I woke up with an empty fridge and pantry, but thank goodness it was payday. I had one hard-boiled egg left, as well as the required carb (blueberries), and fat (sunflower seeds). I had plenty of time to get to the store before the next chow time, right? Before I knew it, snack time was here and I was still in my jammies. Luckily, I was able to throw together an appropriate snack: round steak, cauliflower, brussel sprouts. Oh wait! That's the components of my lunch meal. Oh well, I'll eat it anyway and just skip the snack I was supposed to have.

That was the last time I ate until 5:30 that evening. Life took over. Errands to run, including a massive trip to Walmart, where I have to admit, I spent more than I have ever spent on a single trip. When you're buying healthy stuff for yourself, but also know your kids need normal meals, too, it adds up fast. And, of course, we were out of every other item, too: toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc. Yes, "et cetera." So much more than I have the energy to list.

What did I eat at 5:30, you ask? My favorite meal of all time:


And I didn't hold back. I was all in: chips, dips, nachos, burritos. It was ridiculous. I also struggled to finish my water for the day. The dehydration was evident. Very disappointing.

But I'm glad it happened, and not for the reason you might think. I'm glad it happened because I felt absolutely terrible within two hours of gorging down this delicious, but oh so unhealthy Mexican food. I continued to feel bad through this morning, including the major heartburn and indigestion that kept me up all night.

Do you know what I realized through it all? This is how I felt ALL THE TIME before I started my healthy eating. Seriously, all the time. How did I live like that? It's no wonder I had no energy, horrible digestion issues, and had begun looking for a quick fix, of which there is no such thing, by the way. This solidified why I'm doing this. It motivated me more than anything to trek on, not to give up.


I am also thankful for this hiccup because it showed how much harder things will be when life gets busier, only a couple of weeks from now. Meal planning and preparation will be the key to my success.

Today is a new day. My healthy breakfast has been consumed, and my healthy snack is merely minutes away. One water down, three more to go, minimum, and I'm on target to do just that.

We all fail in various aspects of our lives, and often; but each morning presents a new chance to start over. Whether your goals deal with eating or some other vice, remember this: each morning is a new beginning. No matter what happened yesterday, today you have a second chance. Take it!


Peace & Love,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment