Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Let's Be Honest

(Kids standing outside CFHS)

If you are familiar, at all, with the wide world of coaching, you know when a coach leaves, it's usually because there's a problem. Either the coach is not happy with the district or the district is not happy with the coach. So they part their ways, discreetly (ha!), and find a new mess to get into.

Occasionally, however, a coach leaves on excellent terms due to an advancement in career, retirement, career change, and so on. This is, thankfully, our current situation.





So, as I pack my classroom and say my goodbyes, it's not with animosity or negativity. I'm not mad at anyone or disgruntled, and as far as I know, no one is angry or disgruntled with me. It's a happy story with a tinge of sadness. 

But life goes on. 

One of my favorite book quotes, which is ever so popular now thanks to Hollywood, is the last line of The Great Gatsby

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Life does go on, but I've learned so much the last five years about this life, my life, and I'll carry it with me always. 

Because I wouldn't change a thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment