Saturday, June 1, 2013

Is This Really Necessary?



A dear, sweet friend and neighbor held my hands while standing on the sidewalk outside our homes and prayed for me.  I was humbled beyond belief because this dear, sweet friend was praying for ME in the midst of complete turmoil in her own life, most specifically health issues.  On Mother's Day she was in the hospital, fearful it would be the last place she would ever see on this Earth.  And here I was rambling about the stresses involved with this new and exciting chapter in MY life (selfish, selfish, selfish).

Here's a brief summary:

My husband accepted an Athletic Director/Head Football position in Small Town, U.S.A., Grand Saline, Texas.  It's a 2A school with a tradition in football, but, really, which school in Texas doesn't have a football tradition?  Nevertheless, the program has struggled over the last few years.  

Long story short, Michael began his new job, 5 hours away, on April 18th.  The last month has been the longest month in the history of the World (hyperbole, much?)!  Not only because I'm "keeping down the fort" on my own (you never realize how much your spouse does until they're gone), but also because there is so much that needs to be done to prepare for the move, #1 finding a home, and it's hard to look at houses from so far away.  (The Internet is very deceiving!)

This endearing new town to which we're moving doesn't have much to offer, housing-wise.  (It has so much to offer in other ways, however.)  It's completely understandable and no one's fault, but the constant struggle of trying to decide whether to "settle" on an existing home that doesn't meet all of our wishes and needs or to take the plunge and build a new house on acreage is exhausting.  



So, I'm in the yard with my sweet neighbors (who I can't even think about leaving right now, lest I suffer a nervous breakdown), whining about the issues of moving, when God gently put me in my place.  He reminded me that I'm healthy, my children and husband are healthy, and this opportunity he laid before us is really our dream come true.  For as long as Michael has wanted to be a head football coach, I've wanted to be a head football coach's wife.  Crazy, I know.

So, a shout out to my sweet Rhonda.  Not only did she allow God to speak to me through her prayers, but she also suggested this blog, just as a way to process everything that's happening and to keep everyone in the loop with our journey.



Is this blog really necessary?  I think so... 

An important note:  the welcome we're feeling from Grand Saline is amazing!  The kids and I can't wait to be there, and I already have friends reaching out to me in support, some of whom I haven't even met, yet.  Y'all are AWESOME! Go Indians!


3 comments:

  1. We are super excited to have you and the kids join Michael in Grand Saline. He is already making a difference. I feel truly blessed to have such an amazing family now call Grand Saline home. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly, I am so humbled by what you have said...that is our Jesus! He wants you to WRITE and your journey and His story in you right now is so important! Please don't stop writing! I can't wait to read more, and more and to see all the ways that the LORD is going to mold and shape your family into the perfect image of His Son through all of this..."for I know the plans I have for you, not to harm you, but to give you a future and a hope." Jer. 29:11...love you and am sooooo proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLOGGER!!!!!!!!

    I'm very excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete